Do you aspire to working at the forefront of the marine and offshore construction industry and like to play a pivotal role behind the scenes to ensure commercial success? Do you have outstanding skills in making sure information is gathered at the right time and are not afraid of challenging internal stakeholders, including higher management? If all of this is coupled with service-mindedness and an open, solution-focused communication style, you might be our new Inside Sales Engineer!
As Inside Sales Engineer for our standard products category you will prepare detailed responses to RFQs in support of IQIP Sales Managers, and in consultation with Management. You will keep close contact with our sales, engineering, purchasing and QC departments. Managing the proposal process end to end, you will make sure that you have up to date and correct information from all relevant parties. In addition, you will have an important supporting role in developing IQIP’s customer-base throughout Australia and the Pacific region.
- Translate customer information into concrete and timely deliverables
- Managing customers’ and internal stakeholders’ expectations
- Keeping all relevant parties up to date on the process and making sure that our quotes align with customer wishes and internal delivery/production schedules, maximizing product value
- Gather, challenge and handle necessary information, from refining the request when necessary to cost estimation and finally sending out fully formulated quotes to clients
- Make sure that bids are technically and functionally compliant, and of the highest quality standard
To be successful in this role, you have:
- The ability to think critically and articulate solutions, keeping broader business context in mind
- A deep interest in our industry and our products
- Excellent emotional intelligence and you are armed with diverse strategies to reach your goals
- A keen eye for detail and ease in learning new software products
- The ability to challenge decision makers and stakeholders across multiple time-zones, in a constructive manner
- Effective communication skills and be comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment