QIP is a leading global supplier of intelligent equipment for foundation, installation and decommissioning in the offshore Wind & Renewables, offshore Oil & Gas and Coastal & Civil market that provides each customer an effective solution for their projects.
At IQIP, the global market leader in piling and installation solutions we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Product Engineering team, nestled in our Engineering department. This team in is responsible for developing new products, according the innovation roadmap, and optimizing or standardizing our standard equipment, according product portfolio.
As an Engineer you work on the development of one, or more, new products or optimizations. You will work together with your colleagues in our team and the different disciplines within the engineering department.
In general, you give support on defining design base and concept design, work on basic engineering before you are responsible for detail engineering. Depending on project, you will delegate and guide the detail engineering in the engineering department. The final step is to secure the product into the organization, give support to production and service department.
We are looking for someone who is eager to broaden their expertise. Ideally you also like working in a professionally challenging, yet social environment. After all, we love having our communication lines open and short!
- Developing and optimizing equipment such as our hydraulic piling spreads, handling and lifting tools (SolidEdge)
- Performing calculations to verify our design (Excel, MathCad, FEMAP)
- Managing and releasing the status of designs and documents within our PLM system (TeamCenter)
- Coordinating and supervising work done by offshore engineering teams
- Supporting the production and service department during commissioning new equipment
- Travelling to suppliers, clients and/or project sites occasionally
- A completed higher educational diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field
- Some experience as a mechanical engineer in the heavy machinery industry
- Experience with SolidEdge, Mathcad, TeamCenter
- Expertise in composing assembly and production drawings, technical documents and reports
- Ability to work independently, a problem-solving mindset and outstanding communication skills in English
- You are comfortable with coordinating and delegating work assigned to offshore engineering teams
- A desire to work in a larger team where you can contribute your own ideas and learn from Lead and Senior Engineers
- Location: Sliedrecht (NLD) (working at the office)
- Monthly salary depending on level and expertise. (CAO Metalektro)
- 8% holiday allowance, paid annually.
- 27 paid annual leave days + 13 additional days.
- Competitive benefits such as travel expenses, telephone, laptop, educational opportunities, pension.
- Location: Delft (NLD) (working at the office).
About Working at IQIP
Our greatest passion is technology, and we are deeply committed to our clients’ projects and the sustainable solutions we achieve. No challenge is too big, and by sharing and combining our knowledge, we always provide a solution. We offer innovative and high-quality equipment, and with our expertise and service, we make the difference. Together, we are building the world for future generations.
Safety is a top priority, and everyone’s unique talents contribute to our success. Do you want to be part of our story? Let’s build the world of tomorrow together.
Click on “Apply” to start the journey! Our recruiter will contact you to answer any questions you may have and to get acquainted. From there, you will meet your new colleagues and our unique location!