At IQIP, the global market leader in piling and installation solutions we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Product Engineering team, nestled in our Engineering department. This team in is responsible for developing new products, according the innovation roadmap, and optimizing or standardizing our standard equipment, according product portfolio.
As an Engineer you work on the development of one, or more, new products or optimizations. You will work together with your colleagues in our team and the different disciplines within the engineering department.
In general, you give support on defining design base and concept design, work on basic engineering before you are responsible for detail engineering. Depending on project, you will delegate and guide the detail engineering in the engineering department. The final step is to secure the product into the organization, give support to production and service department.
We are looking for someone who is eager to broaden their expertise. Ideally you also like working in a professionally challenging, yet social environment. After all, we love having our communication lines open and short!
- Developing and optimizing equipment such as our hydraulic piling spreads, handling and lifting tools (SolidEdge)
- Performing calculations to verify our design (Excel, MathCad, FEMAP)
- Managing and releasing the status of designs and documents within our PLM system (TeamCenter)
- Coordinating and supervising work done by offshore engineering teams
- Supporting the production and service department during commissioning new equipment
- Travelling to suppliers, clients and/or project sites occasionally
- A completed higher educational diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field
- Some experience as a mechanical engineer in the heavy machinery industry
- Experience with SolidEdge, Mathcad, TeamCenter
- Expertise in composing assembly and production drawings, technical documents and reports
- Ability to work independently, a problem-solving mindset and outstanding communication skills in English
- You are comfortable with coordinating and delegating work assigned to offshore engineering teams
- A desire to work in a larger team where you can contribute your own ideas and learn from Lead and Senior Engineers