IQIP is a leading global supplier of intelligent equipment for foundation, installation and decommissioning in the offshore Wind & Renewables, offshore Oil & Gas and Coastal & Civil market that provides each customer an effective solution for their projects. As our Sales Engineer – Costing, you are part of the central group that plays a crucial part in our global non-standard product offering. This means you develop costing for technical/commercial bids, with support of the tendering, engineering, production and supply chain departments. If you like to be involved in complex sales projects with a heart for innovative technology, we’d love to hear from you!
As Sales Engineer – Costing you are responsible for cost estimation of selected sales opportunities for one-off or customized products. Furthermore, you develop the calculation methods that allow IQIP’s international locations to confidently offer portfolio products. In this role you work closely with the tender managers and concept engineers as well as production and purchasing departments. You will be part of IQIP’s central group that takes the lead in our global working methods and non-standard product offering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cost estimation for custom offshore tools, product upgrades and extensive modifications to existing equipment
- Financial uncertainty analysis of estimation work
- Rough planning of the work to be conducted
- Advise on make/buy decisions
- Identify, initiate and complete process improvement and cost reduction initiatives, in cooperation with other departments as needed
- Proofing of supplier offer pricing and completeness against cost estimation work carried out in earlier sales project stages
- Analysis of (financial) project close out data as a foundation for future estimates
- A young professional with a completed higher education diploma, preferably in a technical field
- An innate interest in our markets and heavy machinery
- You learn new software systems easily and are a skilled user of advanced Excel commands
- You are a self-starter, who keeps an eye on getting the job done. You’ll extend the reach of our cost estimation discipline beyond our own department
- You thrive in a practical and problem solving environment, and have the emotional intelligence to use the right communication approach in each situation
- You speak English and Dutch on a professional level