IQIP B.V. and any of its affiliates (henceforth IQIP, we or us) understand that your privacy is important to you, hence we are fully committed to protecting it. In this Privacy Notice we describe the practices we employ when collecting, using and processing personal information about you in connection with our recruitment activities, may those be online or offline. Furthermore, this document explains what your choices and rights are in relation to the handling of your personal data.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the processing of candidates’ personal information in connection to IQIP’s career portal and recruitment activities in general, conducted both online and offline, including services rendered by third parties. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information gathered from employees, contractors, clients or other parties that IQIP processes for other purposes.
IQIP, our affiliates and local entities are responsible for processing your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice, unless such handling conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, applicable law will prevail.
What is personal information and what types of personal information do we collect?
Personal information means data that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment at IQIP. Information is either obtained as part of an online application process, from persons you indicate as a reference or through alternative channels (via recruitment agencies or career fairs for example). Alternative channels also include public social media profiles that you created.
The types of personal information we request and the way we process them are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside. We collect the following personal information from you as part of our recruitment activities:
– Name, contact details, address;
– Educational background, achievements, test results;
– Work history and eligibility, including your nationality, visa or immigration status;
– Certificates, transcripts or any supporting documentation you attach to your resume;
– Employment references, compensation details, etc.;
– Information about your personality, competencies, abilities or suitability for a position.
Sensitive personal information as defined by law, such as ethnicity, health, trade union membership, religious affiliation and sexual orientation are not collected by IQIP, unless we are permitted to do so by applicable law. We collect similar information about you from third parties, such as recruitment agencies.
For what purposes do we use your personal information?
– To communicate with you with regards your application or other requests;
– For recruitment purposes, including not just received job applications but potential future roles that might become available;
– Background screening and criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
– To ensure compliance with applicable laws, including diversity and inclusion requirements;
– Emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals might be endangered.
What is our legal basis by which we process your personal information?
– IQIP adheres to the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), as well as all other applicable laws and regulations.
– Your explicit consent, when completing your application for a position within IQIP and its affiliates. IQIP has a legitimate interest in evaluating your application, to communicate effectively and manage the relationship with you, to recruit appropriate employees, to maintain its recruitment and contractual processes for which strict procedures are followed.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your information for a period of time, depending on applicable laws. In the Netherlands, where IQIP’s headquarters are located, we maintain records for up to 12 months from your latest recruitment related activity (such as applying for a vacancy).
In case you become our employee, any relevant personal information collected during our recruitment process will become part of your employee records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements.
How and in what cases do we share your personal information?
Given IQIP is an international organization, information about you might be shared globally among our recruiters and interviewers. Our colleagues performing administrative tasks and our IT personnel may also have limited access to the information you provided for recruitment purposes. In the event of an international data transfer, we put in place mechanisms that ensure adequate data protection of your personal information. Please be aware that in some countries you may have fewer rights under local law than you do in your country of residence.
We use third party service providers, from software solutions to administering and evaluation pre-employment screening and testing. We also share your personal information with them, so that we can maintain our recruitment efficacy.
We designed measures and processes to ensure that any processing of personal information by a third party service provider is consistent with this Privacy Notice and protects the confidentiality, availability and integrity of your personal data.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal information in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
We will also cooperate with authorities by providing personal information when required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal processes; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, our safety or the safety of others; when investigating fraud or responding to government requests – including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
How is your personal information secured?
IQIP has implemented generally accepted standards of technical, physical and organizational security to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, misuse, alteration or accidental loss. Our employees and those with access to personal information from our third party service providers are required to treat them as confidential. Although we have taken careful steps, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
What are your rights with regards the processing of your personal information?
In accordance with applicable law, you may have a right to:
– Request access or receive a machine readable copy of the personal information we hold about you and the details of how we use that information;
– Change or correct your personal information we hold about you;
– Erase your personal information, request that we cease or restrict the processing of your personal data;
– Withdraw consent to process your personal information. This may not apply in case there are other legal justifications to continue processing and we may need to retain certain personal information where required or permitted under applicable law.
Should you like to make a request to access, review, correct, delete or port your personal information we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your personal information to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal information as set out herein.