At IQIP, the global market leader in piling and installation solutions we are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our Product Engineering team, nestled in our Engineering department. This team in is responsible for developing new products, according the innovation roadmap, and optimizing or standardizing our standard equipment, according product portfolio.
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for the development of one, or more, new products or optimizations. You will work together with engineers in our team and make sure different disciplines within engineering department are aligned and monitor project progress.
In general, your work is to define design base, concept design and basic engineering before you delegate and guide the detail engineering in the engineering team department The final step is to secure the product into the organization, give support to production and service department.
We are looking for someone who is eager to broaden their expertise and mentor younger colleagues. Ideally you also like working in a professionally challenging, yet social environment. After all, we love having our communication lines open and short!
- Delegating, coordinating and supervising engineering projects where multiple engineering disciplines are involved
- Mentoring young professionals in our engineering team
- Developing and optimizing equipment such as our hydraulic piling spreads, handling and lifting tools (SolidEdge)
- Performing calculations to verify our design (Excel, MathCad, FEMAP)
- Managing and releasing the status of designs and documents within our PLM system (TeamCenter)
- Supporting the production and service department during commissioning new equipment and in case of malfunction.
- Travelling to suppliers, clients and/or project sites occasionally\
- A completed higher educational diplomas in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field
- Proven experience as an engineer in the heavy machinery industry
- Excellent experience with software such as SolidEdge, Mathcad, TeamCenter, etc.
- Expertise in composing assembly and production drawings, technical documents and reports
- Ability and experience in coordinating, delegating and managing workload of engineering teams outside of our own
- Experience and affinity with mentoring younger engineers
- Outstanding communication skills in English