As a QC Engineer you are part of the IQIP QC team and you report directly to the Lead QC in all Quality control related activities for IQIP projects. You are responsible for optimum coordination between internal production departments, our supply chain and internal departments. As a QC Engineer you ensure that both customer and internal quality expectations are met. Therefore you prepare, conduct and document appropriate quality surveillance, inspection and control within applicable areas of production and project execution. You focus on reduction of cost failure, development of supplier performance, product quality improvement and you closely collaborate with i.e. procurement, production engineering, project management, product specialists and our production departments.
- The QC Engineer act as a representative from the QHSE department in various projects
- Technical guidance and support in QC, creating inspection and test plans for projects in the offshore wind, coastal and civil, oil and gas and decommissioning markets;
- Conduct internal and external inspection. Coordinate with client and / or third party inspectors.
- Performing visual and dimensional inspections to be able to determine dimensional and shape deviations and document all inspection results and feedback provided;
- Advising, supporting and instructing Sales department during tender phase, review client specifications and international standards and give feedback to the tender / sales team.
- Advising, supporting and instructing production, procurement, and product development departments in the field of quality;
- Report non conformity’s found during inspection in the ERP system with an Non conformity report.
- Liaising with suppliers, procurement, and inspectors regarding final material, welding, coating and quality documentation;
- Blocking and quarantining products for which there is doubt of quality and/or you have decided to approve or decline that product based on standards, specifications, and drawings;
- Conducting Quality inspections on incoming goods internally and during manufacturing process at supplier
- Contribute and collaborate with project team in order to achieve project QHSE targets;
- Attending and representing IHC IQIP during external final inspections also in presence with the customer and external inspection agencies;
- Taking care of project QA/ QC documentation
- Continuously identify improvements in any area and propose suitable recommendations
- Review and verifications welding procedures (WPS, WPQ, WPQR, Weld plans) according IQIP internal specifications, client specification and (inter)national standards.
- Compile Welding procedures (WPS, WPQR, WPQ, Weld plans) for IQIP internal production departments.
- Design and coordinate new Welding procedures.
- MBO mechanical engineering of equivalent is a pre
- Working experience 5 – 7 years
- VT-W 2 certified or equivalent
- IWS or IWT is a major advantage
- Knowledge/ experience with metalworking, welding technology, steel structures and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and welding procedures
- Experience international standards such as ISO, ASME, DNV etc.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both spoken and written
- Customer oriented attitude and with service mindset
- As a QC Engineer for IQIP you will be working from the headquarters in Sliedrecht. IQIP designs, builds and delivers fully integrated, innovative solutions for on- and offshore installation, foundation and dismantling to customers in the civil construction market, the offshore wind market and industries in the offshore oil & gas market.
- Monthly compensation aligned with branch standards,
- 27 paid annual leave days + 13 additional days
- Competitive benefits such as travel expenses / work from home scheme, telephone, laptop and educational opportunities, pension
- Location: Sliedrecht (NLD) (working on site)
About Working at IQIP
Our greatest passion is technology, and we are deeply committed to our clients’ projects and the sustainable solutions we achieve. No challenge is too big, and by sharing and combining our knowledge, we always provide a solution. We offer innovative and high-quality equipment, and with our expertise and service, we make the difference. Together, we are building the world for future generations.
Safety is a top priority, and everyone’s unique talents contribute to our success. Do you want to be part of our story? Let’s build the world of tomorrow together.
Click on “Apply” to start the journey! Our recruiter will contact you to answer any questions you may have and to get acquainted. From there, you will meet your new colleagues and our unique location!