At IQIP, the global market leader in foundation equipment and solutions we are looking for an experienced Structural and Fatigue Engineer to join our team based in Eindhoven. At HVR Engineering, now fully part of IQIP we are the dynamic experts. Every day we are working on the most complex technical challenges that not many others can solve. We help our internal and external customers in their quest to develop new and innovative solutions within complex dynamical systems.
Our work involves many industries and you can work on developing the latest generation foundation installation equipment that is used to install Wind Farms, or infrastructure such as water barriers and movable bridges. In order to help our customers achieve the best performance every day, we can use skilled Engineers!
What you will be doing:
As a Junior Structural and Fatigue Engineer at HVR Engineering you’ll independently carry out design validations and verifications by using FEM, but also delivering fatigue analysis of structures. Our projects require a strong theoretical background and at the same time a very pragmatic approach so that the solutions we offer to our customers are efficient and easy to implement.
- Carry out FEM validations and verifications, using both linear and non-linear solutions
- Handle complex projects from design to final reporting
- Deliver fatigue and dynamic analysis
- Prepare cost estimation for new projects and writing proposals
- Check and verify modelling and calculations prepared by team members
- Grab initiative and be able to work as an independent specialist in the field or to quickly grow into the role
What we are looking for:
In order to be successful you will need to have strong academic knowledge and an interest to keep developing your theoretical knowledge to be a specialist in the field. But even more important, we ask for a very pragmatic approach to the challenges at hand. For us it always starts with understanding of a system before we do anything else!
- You have a master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Naval or Structural Engineering
- You have a drive to become a true expert in the field of structural analysis of non-linear dynamic systems
- You easily pick up on new software and are keen on knowing more than just an average user
- You are extremely detail focused – you make sure that what you deliver is correct and that you understand why the results are what they are
- You thrive on learning – and applying your newly gained knowledge in practice
- You are happy to work in a project based environment – where you manage complete delivery, from beginning to end