IQIP is the global leading supplier of foundation and installation equipment for the Offshore Wind, Oil&Gas, Decommissioning and Coastal&Civil markets, building upon a demonstrated history of solving innovative challenges with our 350 colleagues in 8 locations world-wide. We are determined to continuously develop innovative foundation designs and installation methods that disrupt the market.
With the ever-increasing demand for offshore wind and ocean energy technologies, IQIP is looking for inventors to develop high-tech installation equipment for safe, rapid-to-install and low-cost foundation solutions. Especially with hundreds of these technologies being installed in harsh sea conditions and remote locations far from other infrastructure, we strive for a plug-and-play solution in challenging soil conditions ranging from muddy clay to rock-steady rock.
As a Mechanical Engineer working on our dedicated team in Delft, you will spearhead the development of installation equipment with the design of numerous structures, power and drive systems, and components that must withstand extreme loads. Starting from scratch, you employ a ground-up, fundamental physics approach to problem solving and eventually own hardware through the product life-cycle (design, analyse, build and test). Meanwhile, you interact on a daily basis with the team to constantly evaluate how equipment fits into the larger picture in relation to the foundation and installation methods. Hence, you thrive in a creative and collaborative environment in which the best ideas may change direction regularly.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical or related engineering field;
- You are not afraid to share bold ideas (e.g. demonstrated by involvement in innovation awards);
- You employ competent use of judgment, calculations by hand and FEA for machine design;
- You’re familiar with designing, specifying and operating hydraulic or electric systems, and conducting analysis of alternatives and technology review;
- You are knowledgeable in mechatronics, power and drive systems, mechanical design, material selection, testing methods, and common machining and fabrication processes and are keen to expand into new fields and learn new skills and techniques;
- Multiple years’ experience working on innovation and product development is desired, preferably for unique subsea and offshore applications;
- You have a professional command of the Dutch and English language in both speaking and writing.